We believe that knowledge is learned by understanding each part and applying it to the greater Vision. Our FOCUS program does just that! Subject-geared for both Board Members and our team, we want to continually improve our knowledge of the Homeowners Association industry and its changing trends.
VCM, Inc. FOCUS
We believe that knowledge is learned by understanding each part and applying it to the greater Vision. Our FOCUS program does just that! Subject-geared for both Board Members and our team, we want to continually improve our knowledge of the HOA industry and its changing trends.
These trainings are geared towards managers with no or limited association management experience; ideally, Year One managers. These trainings provide overviews of association management basics and happen on a monthly basis.
- Governing Documents 101 – what are the types of documents and how are they utilized on a day-to-day basis
- Plats 101 – how to read a plat
- Violations 101 – typical process and Section 209 requirements
- Records Request – how to respond to a homeowner records request
- Insurance Claims – how to file an insurance claim
- Time Management – how to manage time effectively to accomplish day-to-day tasks
- Collections 101 – what is the collection process, and how to speak to it in a Board Meeting
- Board Meetings 101 – preparing and following-up from Board Meetings
- Annual Meetings 101 – preparing and following-up from Annual Meetings
- Communication 101 – sending emails in a professional manner
- Conflict Management – how to handle the upset homeowner
- Holiday Decorations – reviews when to begin bid out and what to bid for
- Financials 101 – how to read a financial statement and write variance reports
- Vendor Communication 101 – how to correspond day-to-day with vendors
These trainings are higher level, and geared towards all managers. This would be mandatory, and happen at least quarterly.
- RFP Process – submitting for proposals in an effective way
- Landscape Contract – what should your landscape contract look like
- Legislation – how to utilize your legislative book and important sections to note
- FHA/ADA – how do these federal mandates affect the day-to-day management of a community
- Board Meetings 201 – mock board meeting for real-life practice
- Annual Meetings 201 – mock annual meeting for real-life practice
- Board Personalities – how to lead Boards effectively by understanding personality differences
These trainings are geared to be property-centric, and practice real-time management in the field. They are geared towards all managers, and would be mandatory. These happen on an as needed basis per leadership’s decision.
- Landscape – what to look for, landscape contractor walks, enhancements and tree work
- Pools – what is needed to pass inspection